Mommy Time Massage
and Nurturing this massage focuses on the needs of the mother. Massage can relieve
the discomforts associated with pregnancy. It increases the mother’s awareness
to her areas of tension. Massage enhances the relaxation experience. This is an
important practice before the birth experience.
Each Massage session will include:
Calming Swedish Massage strokes for deep muscle relaxation, tension release and increased circulation.
Gentle Range of Motion and stretching movements to relieve pressure through the neck, shoulders, rib cage, lower back and hips.
Deep Tissue work in the hip and gluteal area to help alleviate chronic lower back and hip pain.
Abdominal Massage for round ligament pain, to support digestion, and increase circulation to the placenta and baby. It also helps increase awareness of the baby and the baby will feel and benefit from the massage.
Lymph Drainage strokes to reduce pregnancy induced edema.
Cranial-Sacral and Polarity therapy for physical/emotional/spiritual centering.
Acupressure and Reflexology techniques effective in treating many common pregnancy related complaints.
As a Nurturing the Mother Pregnancy Massage Therapist Justine is trained in precautions/ contraindications and will refer to the mother's health care provider when necessary.
Research has shown that pregnancy massage:
- Helps control blood pressure.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Directly affects the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system reducing stress and its consequences for mother and baby.
- Alleviates anxiety and depression.
- Strengthens muscles in preparation for labor and delivery.
- Allows for deeper breathing and better sleep.
- Helps keep skin supple and avoid stretchmarks.
- Maintains body posture and balance.
- Enhances self image.
- Shortens hospital stay.
- Reduces postpartum depression.
Massage in the postpartum period helps bring the body into it's pre-pregnancy alignment. A massage within the first week of postpartum feels wonderful! It flushes lactic acid out of the tissue relieving sore and achy muscles.
- It supports and enhances the realigning process, with a focus on the pelvis and ribs.
- Assists in breast feeding, alleviating tightness, and can help with some breast feeding difficulties.
- Aids in the process of the uterus returning to its normal size.
- Release shoulder, neck and arm tension from the care and feeding of an infant.
- Helps relieve tension from the birth process.
- Helps the mother regain Vital Energy (chi) to help reduce fatigue.
- Supports fluid balancing.
- encourages pelvic and abdominal organs to return to pre-pregnant positions.